Valtrex is a medicinal brand owned by GlaxoSmithKline. The active agent of the medication that is responsible for the effect is Valacyclovir. Besides GlaxoSmithKline, the same medication is made and marketed by numerous companies but is sold under other names. It is an antiviral medication used for the treatment of various types of herpes so if you need to buy Valtrex according to your doctor but want to save on the pills, you should order them online from the cheapest of reliable online drugstores RxShopMD.com.
When exactly is Valtrex (Valacyclovir) prescribed?
The use of the formulation is appointed for:
– Treatment of herpes zoster. It speeds up the disappearance of pain, lowers the pain syndrome lasting and the percentage of individuals with pain caused by the disease, including acute and postherpetic neuralgia.
– Therapy of skin and mucosa infections caused by herpes simplex including first identified and repeating genital herpes.
– Labial herpes treatment (lip sores).
– Prophylaxis and repression of relapses of skin and mucosal herpes infections including herpes of the genitalia.
– Prophylaxis of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection that occurs during organ transplantation.
Prophylactic utilization of the formulation in CMV infection reduces the severity of the reaction of acute transplant rejection (in kidney transplants), opportunistic infections, and other herpesvirus infections development.
The medication is able to lower the skin and mucosal manifestations of herpes if it is taken at the onset of first symptoms of reoccurrence of herpes simplex.
If you are infected with genital herpes virus, you should know that it never leaves the body but can be only suppressed. Thus, to avoid transferring the virus to your sexual partner, you should buy generic Valtrex and use it as suppressive therapy.
When it should not be used?
The medication is contraindicated in hypersensitivity to Valacyclovir, acyclovir, and any other component of the formulation. It is also prohibited to kids younger than 12 years for cytomegalovirus infection, and to kids and adolescents up to 18 years for all other uses.
Pregnant women can use the medication only if their doctor expects higher benefits than risks from the therapy.
The medication must be cautiously used by patients with:
– Kidney failure;
– Patients with clinically significant forms of HIV infection;
– Use of nephrotoxic drugs.